ASPHP presents a one-day program on the essential, primary elements of Safe Patient Handling and Mobility (SPHM) programming. Included in this session is hands-on training on the use of SPHM equipment and techniques to improve patient and caregiver outcomes.
The ASPHP program is presented by SPHM professionals of the ASPHP and covers the following objectives:
The learner will:
- Understand the need for Comprehensive SPHM Programming
- Describe the elements of Program Implementation
- Review SPHM Technology and Equipment (Please note that the ASPHP upholds a vendor neutral policy. It does not endorse one particular manufacturer, device or company).
- Have a Hands-on Session with an experience SPHM professional
The program is based upon an interactive teaching model and utilization of a learner Workbook and PowerPoint presentations. The verbal presentation and the accompanying PowerPoint will provide baseline information while encouraging the learners to interact with and learn from each other while they work on specific exercises outlined by the presenters. Classroom discussion is highly encouraged and facilitated by the educators. The entire course has been presented annually at the Safe Patient Handling and Mobility/Falls National Conference since 2016 per the request of the conference organizers.
Who should attend:
- Healthcare personnel (clinical or administrative) who want to improve or develop their SPHM program.
- Risk professionals who want to better serve their healthcare clients in developing their SPHM programs
- Safety professionals who want to better understand the benefits of SPHM programs
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information if you are interested.
Disclaimer: Any products or services used for demonstrations or examples in the program do not constitute endorsement by the Association of Safe Patient Handling Professionals (ASPHP).